A ceremony to mark the Tenth Anniversary of the Tribunal was held o 29 September 2006 at the seat of the Tribunal.
The ceremony was attended by representatives of the Federal Government of Germany and of the Senate of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, Legal Advisors, members of the Diplomatic and Consular Corps, representatives of the United Nations, international courts and organizations and academics and practitioners working in the field of law of the sea.
- Welcome of Mr Philippe Gautier, Registrar of the Tribunal
- Statement of Mr Ole von Beust, First Mayor of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg
- Statement of Mr Jörg Hennerkes, State Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Housing
- Statement of Judge Thomas Mensah, first President of the Tribunal
- Statement of Mr Nicholas Michel, the Legal Counsel of the United Nations
- Statement of Judge Rosalyn Higgins, President of the International Court of Justice
- Statement of Mr Satya Nandan, Secretary-General of the International Seabed Authority
- Statement of Judge Rüdiger Wolfrum, President of the Tribunal